BC Championships/National Qualifiers (*includes Masters Series Races)
|Date||2014 Jul 26-27|
|Address||Shumway Lake, Kamloops|
Athletes from U16, U17, U19 and Junior age classes will be vying for an entry at the National Championships in Regina, Saskatchewan. The top 4 finishers will have earned entries (top 5 for the 6000m event). Masters athletes will also be racing.
Bantam/Novice athletes will have their turn to shine in September!
- A final draw is posted below.
Changes and Additions:
- Any changes (substitutions/scratches) can be made by completing the Club Name Change Form (found below) and submitting it to the Chief Official during the competition.
- There will be NO scratch meeting prior to the event. See above as to how to make any changes or additions. However, there will be a brief meeting on Saturday, July 26 at 8 am to review the competition rules and any important information.
- There will be no boat weighing at the competition. That said, I expect everyone to compete fairly.
CKC Sprint Competitive Membership:
- The CKC Sprint Competitive Membership deadline is July 29. If you have an athlete that is new to your club and is planning to compete at the National Championships, they must be registered.
Athlete Illness, Injury or Other Extenuating Circumstances:
As stated on p. 33 of the 2014 Athlete Handbook:
"An athlete who is unable to participate in a selection event due to illness, injury or other extenuating circumstances may nevertheless be considered for selection by CKBC, provided that the athlete notifies CKBC in writing, with appropriate documentation, which is satisfactory to CKBC, in advance of the event in which the athlete is unable to participate. CKBC, in its sole discretion, may approve an exemption from the selection procedure."
Western Canada Summer Games Selection (Long List Squad):
BC Champs/Nationals Qualifier will also serve as selection event for the WSCG Long List Squad. Athletes nominated to the Squad will be invited to a Fall Training Camp and other CKBC events leading into the 2015 season.
- CKBC has booked a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express at 1550 Versatile Drive Kamloops, BC, V1S 1X4. Each room has 2 queen beds (with the option of a cot) and there are some adjoining rooms. All reservations include breakfast. Group rate is $129.99/night + taxes.
- There will be a race entry fee of $30/athlete. Invoices will be sent to each club.
|Prerequisite||2014 CKBC sprint registration|
|Contact||Mary Jane Abbott 604-465-5268|
|This is a Canoe Kayak BC sanctioned event|
|Affiliate||Canoe Kayak BC|