A championship regatta for all athletes wishing to qualify to attend National Championships.
A block of rooms has been set aside at the Long Lake Inn under CanoeKayak BC for the BC Champs in Nanaimo, August 7/8th. The evenings of August 6 & 7th have been requested.
The cost quoted was $135 for a group rate which includes two queen beds and a continental breakfast.
Their contact information is: 250-758-1144 and folks just quote CanoeKayak BC. They have until July 5th to receive the group rate and after that the rooms will be released to other quests.
Please find the entry form attached for each Club coach to have completed and sent back to Ashley at email@example.com by Friday, July 30. Late entries will not be accepted.
Race Entry Fees:
$10 per paddler will be collected by CKBC.
All Club coaches & event officials are asked to attend the meeting at 7pm on Friday, August 6 at the Inn on Long Lake.
Heats & finals will be run with 4 boats minimum. Events will be combined to maximize racing opportunities and promote equitable competition amongst paddlers. Coaches are asked to submit their athletes latest time for their respectable race distances that they will be entered in for singles only.
We will structure our heats based on these times to ensure that athletes are experiencing quality competition. Athletes may participate in 8 events total.
U16 – Male & Female
K1/C1 6000 K2/C2 200, 1000 K4/C4 1000 War Canoe 500
Open – Male & Female
(Singles events will be used to select Pre-Western Canada Games Team)
K1/C1/K2/C2 200, 500, 1000 K4/C4 200, 500, 1000 War Canoe 500 & 1000
Open - Mixed
K4/C4 200, 500, 1000 War Canoe 500, 1000
Paddle ALL – Male, Female, Mixed
K1 & K2 200
Billeting & Backyard Camping:
Please fill out and send along the attached Billeting Request Form to Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request by Friday, July 30. Sleeping bags & pillows may be required. Please indicate if your group would like to camp.
Inn on Long Lake – www.innonlonglake.com
Tel. 1-800-565-1144 – Across the Lake from Loudon Park, 10min walk to Club.
Reserve by July 5th for the group rate of $135 for two queen beds and a continental breakfast. Quote CanoeKayak BC for the group rate.
Grand Hotel – www.thegrandhotelnanaimo.ca
Also close proximity to Long Lake. $139 single/double & $169 for up to 4 guests.
Waterfront Suites & Marina – www.waterfrontnanaimo.com
Kitchenettes & close to the seawall in downtown Nanaimo. $89 single/double & $109 for max of 4 guests.
Boxed lunches at a cost of $9.50 will be guaranteed each day for those Teams who place their order by July 30. Additional lunches may be available at a first come, first serve basis for $10.50.
Boat Trailers can be parked off of Victoria Ave in Loudon Park starting at 5:30pm on Friday & Saturday evenings with security on site.
Common Rules of Provincial Championships:
• All athletes under 14yrs as of January 1st must wear a government approved PFD while racing.
• All athletes are required to wear their Club shirt/pinnie, show the correct boat number, and back number on themselves and their boat while racing to avoid disqualification.
• Races will not be held for competitors that are not at the start line for their races. IF back to back races or a boat conflict was to occur, there may be a concession made if the Chief of Official has been made aware of the conflict well ahead of time (at the Scratch Meeting).
• If paddlers from out of province are in attendance, their place and time will be provided in the results and they will be recognized with a prize (ribbon or medal), but no points will be accumulated towards the final burgee points.
• In addition, to the results showing overall time and placement of the finishers in the Open and U16 singles events, athletes will be ranked into their respective age categories as the results have been compiled.
Anyone interested in can email email@example.com to register for a role during the weekend.
2010 BC Provincial Sprint CanoeKayak Championships Location:
Nanaimo Canoe & Kayak Club – Loudon Park, Long Lake
4295 Victoria Ave., Nanaimo, BC V9T 2A9
Please find attached:
• Entry Form
• Billeting Request Form
• Boxed Lunch Order Form
Please note the deadline for entries, boxed lunch orders, and billeting is Friday, July 30.
The deadline for race entries, team box lunch orders, and billeting requests is Friday, July 30th. No race entries will be accepted after this date - thanks.
Coaches are asked to provide each of their athlete’s best times for the singles events (200, 500, & 1000) in order to provide equitable & quality competition.
Scratch Meeting to be held on Friday, August 6th at 7pm the Inn on Long Lake for all coaches and officials.
CanoeKayak BC Meeting on Saturday night at 7:30pm at the Inn on Long Lake.