Purpose of Camp:
• Technical development in singles and crew boats at GA1/aerobic capacity intensity
• Provide information on Provincial Team Program activities for the 2017-2018 season
Thursday, October 18- Sunday, October 21, 2018
o We will meet for the first training on Thursday at 10 a.m. at Burnaby Canoe and Kayak Club
o We will finish on Sunday at lunch
• Burnaby Canoe and Kayak Club
• $225 – Register by October 9 for a $50 discount
Sport on the Move Grant is available for those coming from the Island or Interior
• Athletes on the 2017-2018 Provincial Team
• Additional athletes may participate provided they receive permission from their club coach
All Provincial Team Athletes are required to attend the Camp. An athlete that is unable to participate must notify MJ (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
• Please register on the CKBC website by 11:59 p.m. on October 9.
o Fortius Lodge – A block of rooms has been booked at Fortius at a reduced rate. Indicate that you are with CanoeKayak to access this block. Accommodation is NOT included in the camp price.
• Athletes staying in Fortius are responsible for their own breakfasts (fridges are available on each floor)
• Athletes are responsible for the following meals:
o Dinner on Thursday
o Dinner on Friday (register to include the Awards Banquet Dinner)
o Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
• Plan to bring clothing and equipment for all conditions, including gear for the gym and running
• A detailed training schedule will be sent prior to the start of the Camp
• There will be a Coach’s Technical Committee Meeting on Saturday evening
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Trayling at firstname.lastname@example.org