Canoe Kayak Canada is hosting the 2019 Annual Summit in Dartmouth, NS at the Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth. This is the annual opportunity for members to come together to meet, work together to learn and develop various programs and to celebrate.
All coaches, commodores, and club staff are encourageed to attend. Below is a summary of the meetings and workshops.
- Workshop development sessions including mental health, and safe sport. Both topics are relevant and important topics to discuss. Membership approval of the Safe Sport Manual during our Meeting of Members will be reviewed.
- Two days of Coach Development themes tackling a variety of topics including coaching female athletes, resilience in coaching, periodization and performance planning, as well as a holistic approach to coaching, specifically looking at developing Indigenous athletes.
- Annual Discipline meetings for marathon, whitewater and sprint and as well as CKC Board, and other committee meetings. Various elections will also take place.
- Annual Meeting of Members takes place on Saturday afternoon. This is the core meeting where all members come together to hear updates, discuss policy and finances and together lay the groundwork for 2020.
- On Friday evening, the Alumni Council will host a Welcome Reception for all disciplines, and alumni to attend. The theme will be the launch of the 2022 ICF Sprint World Championships and to recognize and honour past World Championship Team members.
- On Saturday evening, CKC will host the Coaches Celebration Dinner for all achievements in 2019.
$195 + fees for 4 days
$225 + fees for 4 days, if booked after November 6